Boston Jerkfest Winter Warm-up
In celebration of International Women’s Month, Boston JerkFest presents the “Winter Warm-Up,” in collaboration with two of Boston’s top cultural connoisseurs and culinary mavens: Chef Tamika R. Francis of Food & Folklore and Elle Simone Scott of SheChef, who will prepare meals featuring Jamaican Jerk style cuisine. Joining them will be award-winning Mixologist and Beverage Educator Kyisha Davenport of BarNoirBoston.
This will take place on Saturday, March 12th from 4-6 pm.
Our Dine-In Jerk Dinner Box is a 3-course meal for two with Caribbean culinary creations along with curated Mocktails. Enjoy a delicious jerk meal in the comfort of your home. Pick up at the New England Culinary Arts Training Center. We are limiting the number of Dine-In boxes to 100 total. Delivery option now available!
What’s Jamaican-style food without some island vibes? We’ve created a music list that we’ll share with you, to put you in the right mood, while you eat our delicious island meal. This event is a warm-up of what to expect at the 9th Boston JerkFest and Rum & Brew Tasting to be held on July 1-2, 2022. More details soon come…
What’s on the Menu? (subject to changes based on sourcing)
- Appetizer: Roasted Pumpkin Soup for two (vegetarian)
- Main: Street Style Jerk Chicken – roasted jerk chicken pimento salt yucca and smoky greens
- Main: Jerk the Plant Way – Jerk cabbage steaks w/ yam frites and tamarind glaze (vegetarian)
- Market Fresh – Mocktail for two (just add white and spiced rum if you choose)
- Desserts: Cupcake by Cupcake Therapy (nut-free and allergy-friendly), and single serve blondies and brownies from Nussli 118 (vegan treats)
- Jerk Dishes are prepared with Hillside Harvest Jerk Marinades
- Boston JerkFest Spice Pak prepared by Curio Spice
- Recipes and instructions
Why the Boston Jerkfest Winter Warm-up?
The event has the following goals:
- To elevate and showcase the talents of local Black Chefs, Spirit Educators, and local Food Makers
- To educate and enlighten local influencers about Caribbean culture through the flavors of Caribbean jerk and accompanying Caribbean libations
- To promote local businesses and products, with a special focus on featuring Black-owned business
The Chefs will prepare the delicious dishes at New England Culinary Arts Training Center. We would like to pay it forward and a portion of the proceeds will support NECAT’s wonderful program.
By purchasing a Jerk Dine-In Dinner Box, you get a chance to win a two-night stay at Takuma Boutique Hotel, Montego Bay, Jamaica.
Tickets may be purchased on Eventbrite.