Is the Culinary Arts Training Program right for you?
NECAT’s program is free of tuition cost to students and is designed for individuals who are:
- Committed to securing a permanent job in the food services industry.
- Able to commit to the 16-week program and attend class every day.
- At least 18 years old
- Legally able to work in the state of Massachusetts
- GED/HiSet preferred
- Committed to staying in touch with NECAT for at least two years after the program
- Everett only: must be able to pass fingerprint background check
NECAT partners with some of the best food service employers in the city that provide living wage salaries and exciting opportunities for career growth. Our students are trained in fundamental cooking techniques, food safety and handling, and job preparedness. If you are interested in employing a NECAT graduate, please contact us.Contact Us
Our Social Service Partners
We work with more than 30 social service organization, which include:
Refer Your Clients to NECAT
Students often come to NECAT through referrals from other non-profits that work with our target population. If you have clients who might be interested in a career in the Culinary Arts or Food Service industries, we would love to work with you!
We are always looking for organizations to help us provide critical wrap-around social services to our students to help them alleviate barriers to successful employment. Our students’ most pressing issues include homelessness, child care, English as a second language, transportation, legal aid and healthcare. If your organization has the ability to help in any of these areas, please let us know!
Now, I’m confident enough to go out and cook for and in front of anybody and it won’t phase me
- Abioden (Ola) AwogboroFull Story