Is the Culinary Arts Training Program right for you?
NECAT’s program is free of tuition cost to students and is designed for individuals who are:
- Committed to securing a permanent job in the food services industry.
- Able to commit to the 12-week program and attend class every day.
- At least 18 years old
- Legally able to work in the state of Massachusetts
- GED/HiSet preferred
- Committed to staying in touch with NECAT for at least two years after the program
- Everett only: must be able to pass fingerprint background check
Safety Measures Against COVID
NECAT’s in-person training was briefly suspended due to the pandemic, but our facility reopened in July 2020 adhering to the mandates issued by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the City of Boston to ensure a safe environment for our staff and students. Updates include:
- Class sizes are reduced to accommodate social distancing and we’re on a two-shift schedule to include as many participants as possible.
- NECAT’s in-person training is supplemented with online instruction.
- Our program delivery may be changed because of COVID, but NECAT is retaining all of the hallmark elements of its exceptional training: culinary skills, life coaching, career readiness, job placement and financial literacy.
- NECAT is adding basic computer training and supplying laptops and cellphones as needed so all participates can access the online information with equal capacity and capability.
NECAT partners with a number of local, high-profile food service employers in the city that provide living wage salaries and exciting opportunities for career growth. Our students are trained in fundamental cooking techniques, food safety and handling, and job preparedness. If you are interested in employing a NECAT graduate, please contact us.Contact Us
Social Service Partners
Now, I’m confident enough to go out and cook for and in front of anybody and it won’t faze me
- Abioden (Ola) AwogboroFull Story